Covid 19 Update:
September 16th, 2020: Still not much change expected anytime soon.
After nearly two and a half months back open, it looks like things will not be changing much in the near future. Infection numbers in B.C. are rising and, according to the authorities, the ’50 person’ gathering limit will be in place for the quite some time. Until this changes, we must continue to operate at roughly half of our normal capacity. This means that any accommodation that features a ‘shared washroom’ (Victoria Cabin, Rustic Beach, Field and Barracks) will not be able to be opened, as we must stay below the limit.
The result is that the present situation, where our guests in the ‘shared’ rooms, will be contacted, re-booked for next year and their deposit carried forward will be how we must operate for the foreseeable future.
We will only be welcoming guests who are residents of B.C. until at least November 1st, when the situation in the rest of Canada will be re-evaluated. Due to the higher risk profile of a large number of our guests and our need to use extreme caution, we don’t see the situation with our friends from the U.S. changing anytime soon.
While we will be contacting everybody scheduled to arrive roughly two weeks ahead of time, we are asking anybody that has already decided that they do not want to travel and will not be coming this year, to please let us know as soon as they have decided, even if it is a few months in the future. This will make it easier for the office to help other guests who may be in the ‘shared’ cabins, but would still like to come. We will still re-book you for next year and your deposit will be honoured. If you are in an accommodation that is not open, but would like to be considered for this year, please give us a call and let us know. That will save a lot of time and effort and we’ll know we can call you if something is available.
All the rest of the information you need is available on this website. If you will be staying with us, we ask you to read the ‘Special Edition Covid Handout’ which is available at the bottom of the home page. This is what you’re given when you check in, and outlines all the changes and requirements needed for this pandemic era. You can also read our entire ‘covid plan’ that was filed with Worksafe B.C. and outlines every detail of every policy and procedure for every department at the bottom of this page and our regular, quarterly newsletter is also available at the bottom of the home page.
The following points summarize all the unpleasant decisions we have had to make in order to keep our beloved guests as safe as possible:
- We are only able to welcome residents of British Columbia until at least November 1st.
- Any of our ‘shared washroom’ accommodations (Victoria, all rustic cabins and barracks) are not available due to the ’50 Person Event’ limit.
- Any openings will be offered to our ‘rustic cabin’ guests who are not permitted to come, first. This will make availability scarce, sorry.
- Arriving guests absolutely must check in with the office upon arrival, and not proceed directly to their room or cabin.
- Check-in time is 4:00 PM and Check-out is 11:00 AM, in order to provide for adequate, safe housekeeping.
- Guests are asked not to arrive early, we must stay below our maximum numbers. 4:00 arrival, everyone, please.
- Our shuttle bus service will not be available until further notice.
- We will be contacting you two weeks prior to your arrival to confirm it. We will ask some ‘covid’ related questions and you will need to confirm your contact information and number of guests in your party.
- It is very important that the number of guests that you confirm does not change without us knowing first.
While this situation is unpleasant for everyone, we wish to express our appreciation to both our staff and guests, who have been very patient and understanding through all the changes.